COURSE:- FOURTH YEAR BASIC B.Sc. NURSING
- MANAGEMENT OF NURSING SERVICE & EDUCATION
This course is designed to enable students to acquire in-depth understanding of management of hospital services, management of nursing services and nursing educational programmes. This is also designed to enable students to acquire understanding of the professional responsibilities, prospects and contribution to the growth of the Nursing profession.
Specific Objectives: At the end of the course student will be able to
1. Understand the principles and functions of management
2. Understand the elements and process of management
3. Appreciate the management of nursing services in the hospital and community.
4. Apply the concepts, theories and techniques of organizational behaviour and human relations.
5. Develop skills in planning and organizing in service education
6. Understand the management of nursing educational institutions.
7. Describe the ethical and legal responsibilities of a professional nurse
8. Understand the various opportunities for professional advancement.
- COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING – II
This course is designed for students to practice community health nursing for the individual, family and groups at both urban and rural setting by using concept and principles of health and
community health nursing
Specific Objectives: At the end of the course student will be able to:
1. Understand the concepts, scope, principles and historical development of community health
and community health nursing.
2. Appreciate the national health planning, polices, problems.
3. Describe the system of delivery of community health services in rural and urban area.
4. Develop understanding about community health nursing approaches, concepts and roles and
responsibilities of nursing personnel.
5. Participate in assisting individuals and groups to promote and maintain their health.
6. Appreciate the national health and family welfare programme and the role of the nurse.
7. Understand the health agencies at the international and national level.
3. NURSING RESEARCH AND STATISTICS
The course is designed to enable students to develop an understanding of basic concepts of research, research process and statistics and to enable them to conduct/participate in need based research studies in various settings. Further the students will be able to utilize the research findings to provide quality-nursing care.
Specific Objectives: At the end of the course, the students will be able to:
1. Define the terms and concepts of nursing research.
2. Identify needs and scope of nursing research.
3. Define research problems.
4. Locate and list sources of literature review including operational definitions and conceptual
5. Describe different approaches and research designs in nursing research.
6. Describe sample and sampling technique.
7. Develop tool for data collection.
8. Conduct pilot study to confirm reliability and validity of tool before data collection
9. To enumerate steps of data analysis and present data summary
10. Use descriptive and co- relational statistics in data analysis.
11. Conduct group project and write report.