COURSE:- SECOND BASIC B.Sc. NURSING
Course objectives: At the end of the course, the student will be able to:
1) SUBJECT: SOCIOLOGY
1. Describe the structure and the dynamics of the society
2. Discuss the relationship of the individual to the society.
3. Understand the social problems and its influence on social changes and the factors contributing to it.
4. Describe sociological concepts applicable to nursing.
5. Determine role of sociology in nursing as related to social institution in India
6. Develop positive attitudes towards individual, family and community.
2) SUBJECT: MEDICAL SURGICAL NURSING – I
I. Describe the etiology, symptomatology, pathophysiology, investigations management complications and prognosis of common medical surgical disease conditions.
2. Develop skill in assisting various diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
3. Apply the concepts of comprehensive care in the management of patients with medical surgical conditions using the Nursing process approach.
4. Apply the principles of pharmacotherapy & therapeutic diet in the management of medical surgical diseases.
3) SUBJECT: PHARMACOLOGY, PATHOLOGY AND GENETICS
1. Understand the basic concepts of pharmacology
2. Understand the pharmacology of common chemotherapeutics.
3. Understand common antiseptics, disinfectants and insecticides.
4. Understand drug acting on various systems of human body.
5. Appreciate alternative systems of medicines.
4) SUBJECT: COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING -I
1. Understand the concepts of community health and community health nursing
2. Appreciate the various factors influencing health in the community
3. Appreciate the concept, scope, uses and methods of epidemiology
4. Understand the epidemiology and nursing management of common communicable diseases.
5. Appreciate the concept and scope of demography 6. Understand the impact of population explosion and population control
5) SUBJECT: COMMUNICATION AND EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY
1. Understand the effective communication process using various communication techniques with individuals groups and health team members.
2. Establishes effective interpersonal and human relations with patients, families and health team members.
3. Acquires knowledge on concepts, principles on guidance and counseling and develop basic skills for counseling patients, nursing students and nursing personnel.
4. Understand the philosophy, principles of education and teaching learning process.
5. Demonstrate teaching skills using various teaching methods in classroom, clinical and community setup using different methods and media.
6. Demonstrate skill in preparing different types of assessment tools for knowledge attitude and skill.