COURSE – FIRST YEAR B.B.SC NURSING
Course Description: The course is designed to enable students to enhance ability to comprehend spoken and written English (and use English) required for effective communication in their professional work. Students will practice their skills in verbal and written English during clinical and classroom experience.
Specific Objectives: At the end of the course the students are able to:
1) Develop good vocabulary skills or better communication.
2) Effectively communicates with patients while rendering care.
3) Understands methods of writing and drafting letters in English.
4) To plan and write effective nursing process and records.
INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER
Course Description :This course is designed for students to development basic understanding of uses of computer and its applications in nursing.
Specific Objectives: After the completion of the course, students will able to:
1. Identify & define various concepts used in computer.
2. Identify & describe application of computer in nursing.
3 Describe & use the DOS & Windows
4. Describe & demonstrate skill in the use of MS-office.
5. Describe & demonstrate skill in using multimedia & computer aided teaching & testing.
6. Identify & demonstrate use of internet & e-mail
7. Describe & use the statistical packages
8. Describe the use of Hospital Management System
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
Course Description –The course is designed to assist students to acquire the knowledge of the normal structure of human body & functions. To ensure the students to understand the alternation in anatomical structure and function in disease and practice of Nursing.
Specific Objectives – At the end of the course the students will be able to:
1) Describe the general structure and functions of the body as a whole.
2) Describe the general and microscopic structure and functions of each system of the body.
3) Explain the macroscopic and microscopic structure and functions of each organs of the body.
4) Understand the effects of alterations in structures and functions of as whole.
5) Apply the knowledge of anatomy and physiology in the practice of nursing.
Course Description: The Course is designed to assist the students to acquire knowledge of thenormal biochemical composition and functioning of human body and understand the alterations in biochemistry in diseases for practice of nursing.
Specific Objectives: At the end of the course the students will be able to
1. To Understand the concept of nutrition & health.
2. Understand different types of nutrients, their importance, sources, functions and problems
due to deficiency.
3. To plan balanced diet for individuals and groups.
4. Plan menu efficiently.
5. Explain methods of effective cooking and food preservation.
6. Apply the principles of food preparation in the practical field effectively
Course Description: The Course is designed to assist the students to acquire knowledge of the
normal biochemical composition and functioning of human body and understand the alterations in biochemistry in diseases for practice of nursing.
Specific Objectives: at the end of the course the students will be able to:
1) To understand normal biochemistry of human body
2) To understand biochemical changes occurring in illness
3) To assist with simple biochemical test, interpret the results and draw inference.
Course Description :This course is designed to help the students to develop an understanding of the philosophy, objectives, theories and process of nursing in various supervised clinical settings. It is aimed at helping the students to acquire the knowledge, understanding and skills in techniques of nursing and practice them in supervised clinical setting.
COURSE OBJECTIVE :At the end of the course students will be able to develop:
1) Knowledge on concept of health, health-illness continuum and health care delivery system.
2) Knowledge on scope of nursing practice.
3) Knowledge on concept, theories and models of nursing practice.
4) Desirable attitude to ethics and professional conduct.
5) Skill in communicating effectively with patients and families and team members to maintain effective human relations.
6) Skill in health assessment and monitoring of patients.
7) Skill in carrying out basic nursing care procedures.
8) Skill in caring for patients with alterations in body functions.
9) Skill in applying steps of nursing process in the care of clients in the hospital and community.
10) Skill in applying scientific principles while performing nursing care.
11) Skill in documentation.
12) Skill in meeting basic psychosocial needs of the clients.
13) Knowledge on principles and techniques of infection control.
14) Confidence and competence in caring of terminally ill patients.
Course Description :This course is designed to enable students to acquire understanding of
fundamentals of Microbiology and identification of various micro-organisms. It also provides
opportunities for practicing infection control measure in hospital and community setting.
Specific Objectives: At the end of the course student will be able to:
1. Explain concepts and principles of microbiology and their importance in nursing.
2. Understand the commensal, opportunistic and pathogenic organisms of human body and describe host parasite relationship.
3. State the sources and modes of transmission of pathogenic and opportunistic organisms including vectors and their role in transmission of diseases.
4. Be conversant with proper methods of collection, storage and transport of clinical material for microbiological investigations.
5. Understand the principles of immunology and its application in the diagnosis and prevention of Infections.
Course Description: This course is designed to assist the students to acquire knowledge of
fundamentals of psychology and develop an insight into behaviour of self and others. Further it is aimed at helping them to practice the principles of mental hygiene for promoting mental health in nursing practice.
Specific Objectives: At the end of the course the students will be able to:
1. Understand the importance of psychology in personal and professional life.
2. Understands the biology of human behaviour.
3. Understands cognitive and affective processes of human mind.
4. Develops an understanding of self and others.
5. Understand the influence of personality of human behaviour.
6. Appreciates developmental psychology.
7. Understands the significance of mental hygiene and mental health.
8. Assist with psychological assessments and tests.